Pay: Starting at $14.50/hour + retention bonus
Hours and Location: We are looking for someone for our Cool Springs location, available 5 days a week from approximately 7:00am-3:30pm.
Overview of Position: This is an important position because our outgoing orders need to be correct to ensure customer satisfaction! The role of the shipping and packaging specialist is to perform various types of product packing and shipping in accordance with established procedures and standards; receive and stock incoming materials and supplies.
Our ideal candidate is detail-oriented with a positive attitude, able to work alone or in a team with a high level of speed and accuracy, who is self-monitoring and correcting and has pride in quality work and efficiency.
Benefits: Full time includes 6 paid holidays, and up to 96 hours of paid time off/vacation days each year. Eligible for 401k pension and profit-sharing. Health insurance and maternity leave are not available at this time.
- Fold/tape the correct amount of boxes to prepare for production days and for shipping; Pack product into boxes on production days
- Prepare any special packaging such as displays/shippers/gift boxes
- Process all inbound and outbound shipments including, but not limited to, sorting, logging, delivering, packing, and shipping.
- Ensures that proper products, accessories, and marketing collateral are shipped with the correct order.
- Audits each shipment prior to packing to ensure that goods match order.
- Packs and labels products based on established standards.
- Pack boxes and palletize for freight shipments; must be able to use a pallet jack to move pallets of product in the warehouse and production area
- Prepares shipping/receiving documentation; maintains orderly files for all docs.
- Manages returned or missing customer orders, communicating with Customer Service to ensure the issue is resolved and replacement orders sent
- Oversees Packing supplies/inventory in the warehouse/shipping/packing area
- Assists in maintaining safety and housekeeping standards in the warehouse/shipping/packing area
- Inspects all incoming freight for damage; follows up with Purchasing to resolve any damaged freight issues
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Identifies and resolves problems; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment with a positive attitude; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Qualifications, Physical Demands & Work Environment
- 1-2 years of job-related experience preferred; must be proficient in using computers and able to learn quickly; must be able to stand all day, bend, kneel, reach, and lift up to 50 pounds; Our facility is drug and smoke-free
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “I’m your ideal candidate” and let us know why you’d love to work with us. We look forward to reviewing your email!